We grow Australia’s most marginalised girls into strong independent women capable of taking their place in the world .
Life Changing Experiences Foundation is a registered Australian charity and Deductible Gift Recipient, based in Sydney New South Wales.
Our primary purpose is to provide Australia’s most marginalised girl’s access to mentoring and resilience based programs as well as life changing opportunities, welfare support and career direction leading to employment.
Founded in 2003, the foundation has an 11 year track record of successfully transforming the lives of hundreds girls through it’s award winning core initiative the SISTER2sister program.
Our objectives are:
- To operate for the public benefit, in a charitable and benevolent way, by having disadvantaged young people at risk of abuse and neglect participate in a range of mentoring programs;
- To offer mentoring programs and opportunities within the community specifically designed to educate our at risk youth and give them valuable positive life skills, independent living resources, risk management strategies and appropriate role models to nurture high self esteem in Australian ‘at risk’ youth;
- To break the cycle of neglect, abuse, poverty and suffering of Australian ‘at risk’ youth by helping them to increase their belief in themselves and encouraging them to take themselves out of their present environments so they can make a difference to their lives;
- To give disadvantaged young individuals the opportunity to be temporarily taken out of their environment to participate in a once in a lifetime mentoring program; which will teach them how to achieve personal contentment and fulfillment;
- To provide disadvantaged youth with the chance to identify and explore their talents and learn how to utilise these talents to enhance their lives and be active contributing members of their community;
- To teach our disadvantaged youth strategies to deal with the emotional and physical trauma of the past, equip them with skills to master life’s present challenges and guide them on the path to transforming their lives;
- To show young ‘at risk’ individuals how to facilitate purposeful change and personal growth by implementing self life coaching strategies to overcome obstacles, draw on existing strengths and monitor progress.